The ultra-chic bourgeoisie-styled Hotel Café Royal in London is offering guests a rather intriguing new set of cocktails inspired by the L’Atelier de Givenchy perfume collection from famous French fashion house Givenchy. The seven unique aromatic drinks mirror the seven fragrances that comprise the L’Atelier de Givenchy line by containing similar extracts to the perfumes. The exclusive line of cocktails debuted on February 1 and will be tantalizing the senses of all those, who are curious to taste fashionable scents, until March 31, 2015 in the Café Royal’s Green Bar.
Each concoction bears the name of the corresponding fragrance and has “a distinct colour and unique personality and taste, reflecting the key perfume notes which are unique, universal and distinguished.” Check out the ingredients that are used to make the bespoke cocktails:
1. Chypre Caresse: Made with gin, jasmine, lemon citrus and the subtle, yet rich, notes of honey
2. Ylang Austral: Made with Rum, sour apple sherbet, orange Curacao and mandarin oils
3. Néroli Orginel: Made with cognac, combined with vanilla, lemon and essential oils from bitter orange
4. Cuir Blanc: Made with Siberian pine needle extract to give a woody and fresh taste
5. Bois Martial: Made with Jamaican rum, pineapple and sage leaves
6. Ambre Tigré: Made with rye American vodka, Dutch honey whisky and English amber beer
7. Oud Flamboyant: Made with Japanese whisky and mandarin juice
The quintessential fragrances of Givenchy turned into something we can consume as human beings will cost 13 British pounds, equivalent to just under $20, and will be crafted by Café Royal’s own famous mixologist Tiziano Tasso.